Monday, August 10, 2009

Birthday Gifts!


Today is my baby girl's third birthday! She woke up very excited! "Last night when I went to bed I was two and now in the morning I am THREE!" she exclaimed. As I watched her dance around, and run to wake up Nana and Papa (her grandparents who came for the occasion) I had a hard time believing that three years had passed since she was born.

I still remember the first time I saw her beautiful face, the first time I held her. Even though she has grown into an independent little girl (she would fiercely correct me and say 'big girl') I still think of her as my baby!

God has reminded me again today how much I have to be thankful for and how many blessings he has poured out on us. While my 3 year old was thrilled to open presents this morning, I know she is still one of the best gifts I have ever received. An amazing gift from God. And I will continue to cherish her, teach her and love her through many more birthdays!

No comments: