Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Decorating For Less

I love interior decorating.
It's something that I'd love to learn and develop ( although, it seems impossible to do so with 4 little ones right now). My kids love decorating too. But their decorating ideas are somewhat different from what I have in mind. They like to decorate the floors, the furniture including my bed with the little toys that they have. I'm at a crossroad: whether to drive myself crazy with impossible expectations to keep my house neat or simply let go of the idea (as many wise experienced mothers advise) and give myself a break.

Well, honestly, I'm still struggling with the act of "letting go" although I really want to be freed from the stress (caused by looking at my "unfit" home). But I am managing to satiate my longing for a well-kept home through visiting some decorating blogs. There are some amazing women out there and thanks to the blogging industry and technology, I get to learn so many things from them all at the end of my finger tips. These women can produce, upholster, renew anything! And they look just like from Pottery Barn. Wouldn't it be great to make your home look like it's from a Pottery Barn catalog for a fraction of the price?

Here are some of my favorite decorating blogs:

Just A Girl
Miss Mustard Seed
The Stories of A to Z
It's The Little Things That Make A House A Home
Design-Aholic

I have been thinking though. Although I complain about the toys on the floor everyday,  there will be a day when the kids are all grown up and I will miss picking up the toys off the floor. I guess this is a good reminder that I ought to enjoy every moment I have with them now because they will grow and time does fly.

No comments: