Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February Devotion by Jill D.

Did you ever wonder why God created mankind even though He knew Adam would fall in the garden of Eden, and we would all become sinners, even hostile to Him?

Does it blow you away to know that “Long ago, even BEFORE He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes?” (Eph 1:4)

I can’t answer why God did this, but when I thought about this, I felt led to the sinful woman who wet Jesus’ feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair; kissed His feet and anointed them with very costly perfume in Luke 7:36-50.  In vs. 47 Jesus says, “For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.”

 Just think about this: HE LOVED YOU even before you were saved.  If you recognize how sinful you are, you will love Him for who He is and what He already did for you even more.

Sometimes when you have been a Christian for a long time, we forget how amazing our salvation is. Would you ask God to return you to the joy of your salvation?

Whenever God reveals something to me, I try remember to ask Him what He wants me to do with it. Today, He reminded me that I must have the attitude of Christ, that He is our example.  Is there someone in your life, perhaps someone who is like sandpaper to you that you need to love and forgive even though they are not loving you or treating you kindly?  Or are you someone’s sandpaper and you need to ask someone to forgive you.

I pray that whatever God shows you,  you will fall madly in love with Jesus, the Lover of your soul.

No comments: