Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 Minute Mistake

After a long day yesterday (we all got snowed in), I was desperately in need of some alone time. I feel like all I did was cook & clean and tend to the kids all day so I asked my older kids to watch our 11 month old baby for 5 minutes. I thought, just 5 minutes wouldn't hurt. Hmm.... let me tell you, anything can happen in 5 minutes. And it was a huge mistake.

I thought I baby proofed the whole room before I left. Made sure there were no choking hazards lying around (my biggest worry is my older kids' toys). Everything seemed fine so I went into my bedroom to rest. After 5 minutes later, I went back to check in on them, and my 3 yr old and my 11 month old had conspired a big plan to be quite creative with a marker! I don't know how they managed to get one. It's still a big mystery to me, but now the baby is growing a mustache and a beard and my 3 yr old's bedsheets look like Jackson Pollack's famous painting. And the worst thing is, after washing the baby's face over and over again, it's not coming off! I guess I should just learn to accept that my baby has a mustache. At least for a couple of days if I'm lucky.

We made Artichoke, Tomato & Spinach Pizza yesterday. It's still so hard to believe how easy it has been to get my kids to eat all these vegetables. I'm really enjoying doing this project especially because the kids are really enjoying it as well. They get so excited when dinner time comes and getting more involved with making the meals.




No comments: