Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow day means Soup day



We east coasters are truly blessed with all this snow we absolutely don't know what to do with. But I gotta say... it really is so beautiful outside. The schools and works are canceled and all we have is each other and the time to make most out of. So in dedication to my charming husband and my kids, we decided to make some soup from the magazine's Take Five (five ingredients only). I did cheat though and added more ingredient because we all love a hearty soup to keep us warm and cozy during this cold, winter stormy day.



I added the potatoes here as an extra ingredient.

Here's my daughter helping me make the soup. We substituted the broccoli rabe with just broccoli and spinach to make it kid-friendly.

My kids don't like any kind of beans. But surprisingly, they loved them.

Mmm... can you smell it?



Some more snow. This is our view from the dining room.

Remember my charming husband I mentioned earlier? I called him "charming" because he baked these delicious chocolate lava cake for us. Bring on the chocolate baby!

No comments: