Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today...

After 38 weeks, baby Morgan has arrived! She's so tiny (6 lbs. 3 oz and 18 in. long) and so cute, she gives me the butterflies every time I hold her. The only thing is, I don't get to hold her much since she remains in the NICU. But hopefully, things will get better and she'll come home to us soon.

Today, I spent 14 hours in the NICU, watching the nurses and the doctors at work. I also met many mothers, just exhausted and heart broken as they watch their tiny babies through the thick glass window. Some of them have been in the NICU for 2 to 3 months but weigh barely 3 lbs. Others can barely breathe on their own. Morgan, on the other hand is healthy and normal. They're keeping her there for preventative reasons, unlike most of the babies there.

But it's still hard to leave the hospital at the end of the day knowing she has to stay there. I can't imagine what it would be like for the moms going in and out of the NICU for 3 months and not being able to hold them in their arms and bond with them. But I must trust God and praise Him because Morgan is His daughter first and He loves her so much more than I ever can. Please keep us in your prayers, and I will give you an update next week.

2 comments:

bethany said...

I am so happy that Morgan arrived safely! We are praying for you, Morgan and the whole family. Thanks for sharing your joy and struggles with us. I look forward to the day when Morgan comes home with you and we can all meet God's newest little miracle.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Welcome Morgan! Our prayers are with you right now - It will be great to hear that Morgan is coming home!