Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thought for the Day - from 'Nana' (Gail T.)

Dear Precious Ones:

"All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. So when you are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation."

~2Cor. 1:3-6a~

Sometimes we ache with that pain in our hearts, and feel no comfort at all. But I know our Lord wants to comfort and it takes my desire to receive that comfort by spending time with Him. He will use every pain in our lives, nothing is ever wasted no matter how bad we think it is.

Remember this when you are hurting, and let God comfort you!

2 comments:

Carolina said...

I love these nuggets of truth and wisdom. Life is busy, and yes full of stressors, and sometimes the many devotionals I am subscribed to I do not even have the time to read and savor through each day. So when I read Nana's last two entries, I felt nourished and fed. Two scriptures which met me right where I am and then I savored these words the rest of the day and incorporated them into my own quiet time. Thank you Gail. Love, Carolina

bethany said...

I have to agree with Carolina! Wonderful timing and wisdom in these insights from Nana!