Tuesday, May 12, 2009

True Blessings

Being a mom truly is a blessing.

It may also be the hardest job in the world. Sometimes it can be tiring, hectic, stressful, confusing, demanding, frustrating and a lot of hard work.

But motherhood is also joyful, exciting, abounding with love (cuddles, hugs and kisses too), educational, blissful and miraculous!

This mother's day my husband went out before church to buy my favorite fresh bagel and served it to me exactly how I like it. He and my children gave me sweet presents and cards, complete with tracings of the kids' hands. We enjoyed a beautiful, peaceful outing to the beach and the park as a family. We walked, talked, played and laughed together. We enjoyed some quiet time together while the kids napped. That evening we ate take out at home and looked at some pictures from the day.

It may not seem like an extraordinary day, but it was. Simply enjoying time together as a family and getting a bit of pampering was perfect! I loved my day!

Reflecting on my Mother's Day I realized that although I am an imperfect mom, I seem to have perfect children. I am not the best wife and mother but have the best family! God has blessed me with more than I could ever deserve and I am grateful. As a mom, I want to be worthy of the precious gift I have been given.

My children have taught me how to be patient, loving, self sacrificing, creative, enduring, diligent, persevering, grateful and happy. My hope is that I am teaching them those things too! Being a mom truly is a blessing.

No comments: