Tuesday, November 4, 2008

99 Balloons

After watching an amazing video about a baby named Eliot Mooney who lived only 99 days I was touched and immediately aware of how much I have to be grateful for, especially the blessing of two healthy, thriving children.
Little Eliot beat the odds by even being born, his parents lavished love and prayer on him, prayed God for him, and celebrated every day he was alive....no, in reality they celebrated his every moment. Every moment that God gave them with him was a miracle and a joy and they knew it. In the midst of what would be for most a heartbreaking tragedy, the Mooney family found the presence of God strengthening, comforting, and guiding them.
This story reminded me not only to seek God to be able to endure struggles in my life and let His glory shine through, but to cherish every moment He has given me with my children, my husband, and my family. Each moment truly is a gift and I do not want to take those moments for granted. Whether my children are sleeping peacefully, laughing at each other hysterically or crying and screaming to get their way God has given me each moment with them and I am grateful for each one.

At Eliot Mooney's funeral, 99 balloons were released into the air.....one to celebrate every day of his life. What are you doing to celebrate every day of life God has given you and your family?

I hope you can be inspired by watching the Mooney's story at : http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this too, Bethany, and was truly inspired to live each day fully with my children. After crying during the piece, and searching for the answer to "why?" I was reminded how each child is a gift, even if for only 99 days with us. It was inspiring to see how God worked in this family, giving the parents hope in the eternal future with their son in heaven and grace in the new healthy daughter the Mooneys have now.