Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Classic that Keeps Kids Learning

Do your kids love using the computer.....do you? Recently I have been checking out several educational and kids websites with my daughter. Our all time favorite is the newly updated Sesame Street website. This site has hundreds and hundreds of video clips, songs and great interactive game. It includes some of the best loved, classic sketches from the show we all grew up with and a huge variety of new videos and games too.
My favorite feature is that you can search by character, keyword or topic to find related games and videos on almost anything. I love that I can quickly find games or video clips with my daughter's favorite characters to reinforce what I am teaching at home. So whether your child is working on sharing, potty training, learning numbers or colors, brushing his teeth, getting over her fear of the dark...or has an upcoming sleepover, doctor's visit or new sibling arrival - this site has something to address it and help you make learning with your child fun!!
The other feature I appreciate as a parent is that I can select a combinations of interactive games and videos for my daughter and put them into a playlist for her. I can make it as long or short as I want and even save for future use. Then when the playlist is done, she is finished with her computer time. (You can also search by celebrity names to find clips and music even your older kids might enjoy!)

Check out all the Sesame Street fun, old and new, at the Sesame Street Homepage

No comments: