Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April

Just curious, did any one play a practical joke on friends or family today? Or do you plan too?

I always felt like April Fool's jokes were a bit cruel, especially when you get someone's hopes up only to dash them. Or get them worked up and upset...over nothing! I guess when real emotions are raised over something that is not real I always feel like it is kind of mean.

But some people love being 'gotten' by a good joke. Others really enjoy planning it and playing it out effectively on their unsuspecting friend. A lot of pranks are just good fun.

So what is your opinion? and did you do anything fun for April Fools?

2 comments:

Janice said...

I "suggested" that we had big news on my facebook page. Of course this got the frenzy started, "Is it possible she's expecting her 5th child already, when her 4th is only 3 months old?" After a few hours I cleared up the confusion with a good old "GOTCHA, April Fools!" I thought it was pretty clever and everyone seemed to get a kick out of it. I think if malice isn't behind the joke we can all use a good shocking laugh once a year :)

Unknown said...

Janice-you got me fooled :)