Friday, April 24, 2009

From Father to Daughter

Did I ever tell you my husband's dream was to have three daughters? After Morgan was born, he had his dream come true. When we first found out the gender of the baby, he just couldn't stop smiling.

Just as we moms have a significant role in our kids lives, so is your husband, perhaps even more. I believe that fathers provide security and stabilization in the kids lives, which they need in order to thrive. I know that this blog is dedicated to mothers to help us to become better moms, but I thought it would be good to remind us to encourage and unleash our husbands to a great dad.

I got this book, Father to Daughter- Life Lessons On Raising a Girl for last year's Father's Day. Here's an excerpt I thought was cute.

"Raising a girl takes two parents: A mom to show her how to be independent. A dad's job is to make his daughter courageous. Fearless. To make her feel beautiful. To give her a sense of adventure. To make her feel secure and confident. The relationship between a dad and a daughter is very simple: She will love her father and trust him completely, forever. Because he's her first love. Her first hero. The first man in her life."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Something special about daddies and their little girls.:)