Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summerism

Now that the summer is approaching, and the children's vacation is near, I've got to start planning what and how we're going to spend our time together. It's funny how I get so excited about the vacation even more so than the kids. Since I have to take care of all three kids all day, this means hard work for me. But I love spending time with them and hopefully we'll create fond memories together for them to keep the rest of their lives.

There are few things I've been thinking about:

1. I'll be teaching them basic piano. Hopefully my 15 years of lessons (about 10 yrs. for Jay) will pay off for the good.

2. I'm giving them vocal lessons. Our 6 year old daughter is showing so much interest in singing, I can't resist :)

3. Aside from the arts, I think I might homeschool them. A lighter version of this is probably more appropriate since they ARE on vacation. 

4. Play, play, and playdates are vital!

5. Outdoor activities are a must. I think Jay is thinking about teaching them tennis since he's secretly hoping one of the children would become a pro.

6. Our church has 3 weeks of activities for the kids. Creative arts camp, sports camp, and VBS. I think we'll consider one or two options.

7. Beach, picnic, and BBQ. You can't say summer without these three essentials.

8. Lots of family time! (I'm hoping) Hopefully, we'll be able to squeeze in a nice getaway during the vacation. I already have one place in mind: The Longwood Gardens! I absolutely adore this place. This place is filled with my favorite things: beautiful flowers and awesome architectures. This place was one of my favorite place to go photo-hunting as a young girl. We've never been there after I got married, but hopefully we'll get a chance to create awesome memories like the ones I still treasure to this day. 





The list seems long, but it takes effort and planning to make useful of all the time we'll get. Time is so valuable, I'd hate to waste it on TV all day.

No comments: