Saturday, May 10, 2008

What day is today? Today is Mother's Day!

Every year as Mother's Day rolls around, I get this automated sound system going in my head. It plays this song that I learned in grade school called, "What day is today? Today is Mother's Day". It must be the annoying but catchy tune that does it. Why am I writing this, I don't know. But to honor and celebrate all the mothers around the world, I must NOT sing this song.

Every year we usually celebrate the day at a restaurant, but this year I decided to attempt a "brunch" in our home. There's something about it that brings out the child in me. It's almost like Christmas morning where the excitement and romanticism meet together. Brahms could definitely describe so well in his music for he was a true romanticist. Which gives me the idea: I'm going to make a play list of Brahms and perhaps some Puccini for our meal tomorrow.

Thanks to Food Network, this is the menu:

Roasted Chicken Sausage
Pasta Salad

If it turns out well, maybe I'll post some pictures :)


Talking about food, I went to Angels today and it was fantastic! I've always known they were good, but today was even better. It's a small but charming Italian restaurant decorated with guess what? Of course, angels :P
Here are some cheesy pics I took with my phone. I wish I had my camera with me, but too bad I'm often forgetful.



I didn't think all 12 of us could fit inside, but it turned out okay. It was pretty cozy actually. And plus, we were welcomed by more angels all around us. Even their tables had cute little pictures of angels on it. 
But this I thought was a little strange: Could it be Christmas in May? There was a wreath too but unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of it. Haha.... 
However, we did manage to have a great luncheon today and nice fellowship which matters the most. Too bad I always forget to take pictures of the dishes before I eat them. I always remember to take pictures after I'm halfway done, which of course, don't look all too appetizing :P


No comments: