Friday, February 6, 2009

Balancing Act

I love seeing the creativity that pops out of this Blog...great ideas. I find myself longing to be at home more...hint hint!! Be SURE to savor the precious pages of the chapter of life you are in! Regardless of the physical strain and sleep deprivation, the emotional drain of endless need that surrounds you. The place of a mother at home with young children is the stuff that dreams are made of. It's the stuff that college kids come home for. It's the very foundation that grooms healthy adults and that place that looks and feels and smells of home.

I work now, I work about 30 hours a week keeping various accounts in the area. That has it's own set of good and healthy traits as well. It's been a good thing to model work, and love for God (ministry & serving), personal hobbies and interests. My own personal growth as a woman is something I want them to learn and watch. But it has become a fragile and sometimes volatile line to keep. The challenge is to model adulthood for your kids, along side of being that very source of 'home'. Food for thought. Awkward weights to juggle. And women are remarkably good at juggling...what I'm seeking is a rested state of balance.

No comments: