Friday, February 13, 2009

Be Mine!

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I have to admit that I do not have anything very special planned. My husband and I will take the opportunity to remind each other of our love, to exchange cards, share a quiet dinner at home after the children are in bed and probably eat a few chocolates together.

My kids to too young to exchange valentines or eat candy so I am not caught up with much of the typical business of the day.
What is important, and should be every day, is to make sure that the people I love, know they are loved.

I will take time to call, write and e-mail many genuine 'I love yous' to people far away, as well as give out some extra hugs to those who are close by. They don't need my candy or a card to feel my love....not that those aren't appreciated too.
Mainly, Valentine's Day has me thinking about love. What is real love? Can we even know it if we do not know it's source - Jesus!

"For
God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I found this inspiring poem about a Valentine's Day with Jesus
- click on the link to view.

Love is patient, it never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut,

Doesn't have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others,

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.

1 Cor 13: 4 -7 Message Bible


Let's remember to show this kind of love to those in our life and to our world!

No comments: