Thursday, August 28, 2008

PRAYING it Safe - by Judy


My husband, my two boys and I just returned from Camp of the Woods. We have vacationed there seven out of the last eight summers. My boys especially love going there because they are free to run around and be independent. Sometimes I tend to be an overprotective mother and worry about my boys. This wonderful christian camp resort allows me to let the boys roam everywhere and have fun. I can relax because I know they are safe in this environment. My heart still beats fast when I see them climb 36 feet up a tree to come down the zip line or waterski for the first or second time. I just say a quick prayer to protect them from any danger.

When we drive back home, I try to remember to submit all of my fears to God. I pray for His guidance for our lives. I have such peace when I surrender it all to Him. It’s hard for me to remember that I’m not in control. So I continue to pray for God to keep my kids safe and to put a hedge of protection around them. When I am consumed by circumstances and don’t know what to do, I pray that He makes me a mom who walks by faith and not by sight.

2 comments:

bethany said...

Judy - thanks for this reminder to give our worries and fears (especially about our kids) to the Lord. I definitely want to be a mom who "walks by faith" like you said, not just by sight.

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy - I couldn't agree with you more. I give my kids to God but unfortunately often try to take them back. That is when God pours things on so I finally have to get on my knees and say, "forgive me, they are yours."