Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Daily Wisdom for Mothers Devotional Journal

This week I decided to review some devotionals for moms. Rather than give you a list of all the devotionals I looked at, I want to share my top pick with you: Daily Wisdom for Mothers by Michelle Medlock Adams.
Michelle writes, "With God, all things are possible -- even raising good kids in a mixed-up world. God doesn't expect mothers to have all the answers, but He does expect us to go to Him...He not only has the answers, He IS the answer!" She shares glimpses into her busy world and gives support and encouragement by pointing to her source of strength, God's Word.

These brief, insightful devotions are a great way to get a reminder of God's power and perspective every day. Each devotional includes a scripture verse, a very relevant (and often humorous) application, a section of the page to journal your own thoughts and reflections, as well as a suggestion of how to pray for God to work in your life that day.

As a busy mom without a lot of free time, I love this devotional journal. Whether it is early morning while I feed the baby, during the kids' nap, over lunch or before I go to bed at night.... I am able to pick this up and get biblical wisdom and encouragement. It is fun to read, witty and well written, but more importantly has been an amazing resource to help me focus on God instead of myself or my kids.

The devotionals are organized into monthly themes, such as thankfulness, discipline, worry and unconditional love. Some days when the theme really speaks to my heart, I read several devotionals in one sitting. It has truly been a blessing to me and I wanted to share it with you. If you do not have a daily devotional already, I highly recommend that you try this one.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for recommending this book. I can't wait till I try it out. For mothers with young children like me, anything time consuming becomes such a challenge. But I think this might work with my schedule.

Sarah in the Middle said...

Thanks for the link to this blog! I enjoyed skimming and will be back to read more. I also am going to find this devotional - thank you for the recommendation!

bethany said...

I forgot to mention that this devotional journal was a gift from my mom that until now I had read once and then misplaced (sorry mom). I found it when I decided to do my 'devotions review' this week and have had it with me ever since. So, moms really do know best (thanks mom).

Caitlin said...

FYI: The cheapest well-known websites that I saw selling this book were "www.christianbook.com" and "www.familychristian.com" for $4 and change (plus S&H).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the FYI on where to get this inexpensively!