Monday, July 14, 2008

Every Day Joys Part Deux

Over the weekend, my first child, Love, lost her first baby tooth. As frivolous it may sound, this was a real cause for a huge celebration. We did so with some of the activities she's been wanting to do ever since the summer vacation started. They were:

1. Watching a movie at the theaters and eating a ton of popcorn/twizzlers- watched Wall-E and loved it!
2. Went miniature golfing @ the Eisenhower Park
3. Play her favorite video game called Chuzzle (It's a puzzle type of game involving little fuzzy animals- real cute and highly addictive :P ).

But overall, this was one of those crucial moments in her life. She was so thrilled and "proud of herself" (I know this isn't quite the phrase I want to use, but I can't think of anything else) that she has made this achievement. But also at the same time, it was such a wonderful experience for me as well. Watching your child overcoming each milestone and succeeding it can be so rewarding. It was a good boost of confidence for her and I think she really got the taste of "accomplishing" something and the satisfaction that follows. And it feels good! I realize, she's growing up so fast and I better enjoy every day joys like this as God unfolds each of them so faithfully.

These are some pictures from Eisenhower Park- It's supposed to be the best miniature golf course in Long Island. It WAS really nice. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your pics! Congrats to Love on the BIG milestone... Can't imagine what that must feel like for you to know that she's losing her "baby" teeth!!

bethany said...

Thanks for sharing that story... I think sometimes we forget to celebrate these kinds of milestones with our kids, the big and the little ones are all important