Friday, July 18, 2008

Director's Cut

One of my favorite movie directors is Joe Wright. The movies that he makes is not like a regular cinema, but like an art itself. Taking Pride and Prejudice for an example, he uses a lot of scenes that look like what you might see in a great photography book. It's just too beautiful. 

I got to see Atonement few days ago, another creatively well made movie by Wright. I think I should read the book first though to be able to judge if he's done well to portray the story to its fullest. This is usually hard for movie makers to do since it's nearly impossible to do so, but surprisingly enough, he did quite well with Pride and Prejudice.

I did make an attempt to read the book few months ago, and have failed because, it was kinda boring in the beginning. I like a book that hooks you in from the beginning of the story rather than a long, boring chapter that explains away on nothing. And that's how it was with Atonement. But I think it'll be fair for me to give it another try, plus, I'm anxious to find out what the story is all about.

I love British films. There's something so intriguing about it. 

No comments: