Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Spotlight


This month's spotlight is on Darlene. She and her husband Jeff are involved with Bible teaching at SRC and are wonderful parents to two teenage boys.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven."

I remember the days of not being able to fit in a shower because my little ones kept me so busy. Going to the food store was a big chore and I could hardly fit any food in the cart because my two boys took up half the cart. It seemed that one of my boys had an ear infection almost every week and at times I felt like a prisoner in my own home.

Today, I can take as many showers as I like and can go to the food store by myself anytime I want, my boys are 14 and almost 12, and those baby days are long gone.

I know many of you have heard it hundreds of times but the truth is that your little ones will grow faster than you can imagine. I look at photos of my boys when they were toddlers and I remember with such fondness at how precious they were and now I can't even remember that delicious baby smell. There is a time under heaven for everything, so enjoy this time of your life and try to relish the little joys in each day while you are a mommy to little ones!!!

 "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice." - Phil 4:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.
How very true.
I love the grown up people my children have become. But, I miss the days when they were little. Enjoy them while they are infants and toddlers, even through the difficult times. And make good memories that you can hold onto in the future.
Fran

bethany said...

Thanks for the reminder to treasure my little ones now. I love all the funny, cuddly, messy, special times I have with my baby and toddler. But sometimes it gets hectic and I wonder when I will have more time for my husband and I (not to mention a long shower). I guess, that time is not as far away as I think. :)