Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thankful Heart Is A Happy Heart

I don't know about you, but it's been a very tough week for me. I feel I've been challenged in all dimensions of life. But in the midst of all this chaos, God is telling me to be thankful. 

It's been a pattern in my walk with God, that when I come across a life changing lesson, there always follows a test for me. I guess it's not enough to just have the knowledge in my head unless I live and practice these principles obtained.

So this past week has been full of tests and trials, and I cannot say with a certainty that I have passed this hurdle yet. As much as it is hard, it's incredible how God whispers in my heart that He is here to help me to grow to be like Christ.

I believe the best thing to do in the hardest times is to be thankful. So, that's what I'm going to do right now. There are countless things I'm truly thankful for, but to save time I'll name a few.

1. I'm thankful for hardships. Without them, I won't be able to become the kind of person God wants me to be.

2. I'm thankful for my children. Through them, I am able to experience and understand God's love for me in a whole new aspect.

3. I'm thankful for my husband. Although he's been busy and out doing ministry almost every night of the week, he helps me out whenever he gets a chance.

4. Here's a real challenge: I'm thankful for my toddler's energy. Although I can barely keep up chasing her around most of the day, cleaning up after spills/messes every 30 minutes, dealing with the tantrums, dealing with "climbing on everything and anything possible", she brings such joy indescribable in a single smile that lights up my heart to the core. 

When I consider all this, how can I sit here and complain about anything in life?

Would you remember to pray with me as we try to reach out to the young moms in our community? Let's pray that these moms (all of us included) will find the source of inspiration, Jesus, to help us become the kind of mother God wants us to be for His glory. It is very important for us to know that this life is not about us, but rather, it's all about Him.

No comments: