Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Zyrtec Attack


Seriously, I detest allergies. Too bad our whole family is under its torment. I am the weakest when it comes to allergies, since it tends to last about a year round. This means tons of money is being wasted on all those allergy medicines that don't even seem to work. I think I tried just about anything including a smuggled allergy cure from El Salvador. ( Don't ask me, it's a long story. Although, I can tell you that I had no idea it was smuggled until after I took it. It was a gift from someone I knew from church.) Haha... ANYWAYS~

The only thing that seems to work temporarily is Benedryl and most you know what the side effects are. Lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzs. I cannot afford to sleep when there's an extremely active toddler on the loose.

Someone had recommended me Zyrtec in the past, so I decided to give it a try. Apparently it doesn't make you as drowsy as Benedryl, so I hear.

I've been taking it for the past 3 weeks and I'm wondering what in the world is wrong with me. At first I did not suspect to blame it on the medication. My friend was right. It works like a charm with the allergies (which I am TRULY thankful for!) But it turns me into a momzilla exactly when it turns 2 p.m. It's even more accurate than the clock! Then I pass out when it's 3 P.M. and an hour later I wake up with a severe migraine.

I had no idea it was the medicine that made me extremely cranky, jittery, and sleepy. I can't believe I let this go on for the past 3 weeks. But the sad thing is, I'm in a situation where I can't afford to not take this medicine since it's the only thing that works. So, I guess I just need to choose. Should it be the allergy attack or the Zyrtec attack? Life is full of hard choices :P

No comments: