Friday, June 20, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Today was my son's last day at pre-school. When I went to pick him up, it was rather very emotional for the children, their mothers, and the teachers. I was very touched at the sight of the teachers as they were saying goodbye to the little ones they shared their lives with. You'd think that they'd feel somewhat relieved at the fact that they no longer have to deal with taking care of highly active pre-schoolers. But I was so surprised to see that they were teary eyed as they were sending them off to another stage of life. What a picture... I am so thankful for these great teachers. It's not only the academics they lay out in the students' lives, but their action- in this case, a teacher's love speaks louder than words. I guess in this way, I must also remember at all times that my actions speak louder than words and they will be scribed in our children's memories for the rest of their lives. On this note let's say goodbye until next week. Have a blessed weekend.

Gina

No comments: