Thursday, June 26, 2008

June Spotlight

This month's Spotlight is on our beloved sister, Fran. She is a wife, mother, and a teacher and she'll speak to us today from her experiences in motherhood.



The One True Resource 

What wonderful resources we have available to us today.

We email and Google when we need to communicate or get information.

As Christians we have the most reliable and true resource: God's Word and His Promises.

"And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever." John 14:16

"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:26

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

I came to know my best friend and Savior twenty-three years ago.

I only wish that I had known Him sooner.

I did not have that great resource as a mother of young children.

I stumbled and fell and made many mistakes. I did receive comfort and wisdom from my family.

But God's comfort and His wisdom are what truly give us peace.

We may stumble. We may make mistakes.

But He is there to pick us up, set us back on track and show us His way.

So if you are the mother of infants, toddlers, teenagers, or even adults, tap into that wonderful resource that God has given us.

Seek His help.

Read His word.

Ask for His wisdom.

~ Fran

No comments: