Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's HGTV's Fault!


I'm no interior designer. I love it though. I so enjoy decorating and rearranging my furniture around every season. It's always been like this with me even as a child. My hobby was rearranging/decorating my room and driving my Dad crazy (since he had to move the furniture for me). And now that I'm married, my hobby now is rearranging/decorating my entire house and driving my poor hubby to physical exertion. 

When I see an idea I like from HGTV or a Pottery Barn catalog, I can't help myself but to try it out myself. This is causing all the backaches for him.

Interior decorating was so much fun when I was younger. It was like a part-time job for me in high-school and college, where friends would ask me to do the job. Especially in college, I was asked to decorate a lot of dorm rooms for them. I never promoted myself for this. I guess they just knew how much I enjoy it.

But the story has changed. I find it much  more challenging now that kids are involved. There are so many things to consider: we're limited in how to place the furniture because it involves safety reasons for the kiddies. We don't even have a coffee table (which is a must-have for me!) because our toddler is such a climber, we can't afford to risk anything. I'm not complaining, but it's definitely creating some headache for me as I'm trying to find the best way possible to make everyone happy. I think I have tried countless numbers of combinations, and I have yet to find a solution: making our living room  look chic and child-friendly. I'm laughing as I'm wondering if there is such a thing :P

No comments: