Thursday, June 5, 2008

Power Lunch

What a day! 
I was able to have a great luncheon with three amazing ladies today (without the babes). It was such a refreshing time for me to be able to have some adult conversations without having to chase around an enthusiastic toddler. And plus, I actually got to sit and eat this time. 

But what got me even more excited was how much and what I was learning from our conversations. I realize there's a HUGE difference when you spend time with godly women. Every little thing about them can make such a powerful (positive) impact on those around them.

I must say, within our 2 hour conversation I have learned so much about parenting, politics, how to care for others, wonderful recipes and "life in general" in such a fun and witty way. These women happen to be moms with older children, and it was so fun learning about life from their "every day" stories. I even got to taste this awesome green tea imported directly from Japan (it was delightful) that one of the ladies have brought. Thank you, Fran!

When we talk about "godly" Christian women, sometimes we think of overly-religious, narrow-minded, set apart from the rest of world kind of people. But these ladies I have witnessed today were not at all like that, rather so down to earth, witty and very classy.

This reminds me of a verse ( I don't know exactly where right now), but it says that older women should teach young women to become godly by imparting their wisdom. This is where my heart is. I want to be taught and I hope one day be able to teach and encourage a Proverbs 31 living in women who strive to live for God. 

With that being said, I want to introduce you our new SpotLIGHT section. We will invite a guest mom (with older children) in our blog as they share their life stories each month. This is a way we can connect all mothers in different stages of life to each other. How exciting!  I can barely wait :)

No comments: