Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Whole New World

Since the kids are on vacation now, I've been looking for some ways to keep them entertained. I have already set their schedules so that their mornings are filled with music lessons, summer programs, and workbook activities. But for the afternoons, I was looking for an alternative to watching TV, so I did a little research. These are the treasures I've found:

Are you familiar with iTunes?
If you own a computer or an mp3 player, you can take advantage of countless resources that both you and your kids will love all for FREE! All you have to do is download them through podcasting.

Some of the podcasts I've subscribed to:
1. Bible Stories My Kids Love (Audio Podcast)
2. Craft Magazine Podcast (Video Podcast)
3. FamilyFun TV ( Video )
4. FamilyLife Today with Dennis Rainey (Audio)
5. Fun radio Presents Nick Jr's Once Upon A Bedtime (Audio)
6. The Good Night Show (Video)
7. James Dobson on Marriage/ Parenting (Audio)
8. The Metropolitan Museum of Art Podcast (Audio)
9. The Mighty Mommy's Quick and Dirty Tips for Practical Parenting (Audio)
10. Super Why! PBS Kids (Video)
11. Blue's Clues (Video)
12. Dora the Explorer (Video)
13. Sesame Street Podcast (Video)

Podcasts are awesome! I'll be writing a follow-up entry to explain more about podcasting. Keep posted!


3 comments:

bethany said...

I had no idea you could use itunes for so much! Ia m looking forward to your future posts about podcasting so I can get in on it too. thanks!

Caitlin said...

Thanks for that great info! I would love for you to post future feedback on any of the podcasts that you end up listening to, for the kids and for you!

Unknown said...

I will write them soon :P Meanwhile, I can't find the reason why some people can't access the comments function.