Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Talk

There is something so special about teaching your baby how to talk. From choruses of gibberish moving on to real words can be such an exciting time for children as well as parents.

I love watching my kids learn something new and seeing how their eyes lit up. Especially if you take a good look at toddlers, you can see how they absorb all life around them. 

My 21 month old toddler is at this stage right now. Although she keeps me tremendously busy since I gotta tag along in her explorations all day, I understand how satisfying and delicious it is to discover something new. Maybe that's why I love traveling so much.

These are the words that my toddler has learned so far:
doggie
kitty
bubbles
juice
no
tha tha (thank you)
bee (not referring to an insect but she really means "please")
ball
her sibling's names
mommy (which is pronounced 'mom mee' and I love it :P )
daddy
dirty ( could this be my OCD influence?)
apple
bear
birdie
elmo
do re ( as in do re mi)
two
go
where is it?
there it is!
flower

And many more to come, hopefully :D

No comments: